Terms & Conditions
Our Commitment to you:
The Dust Palace is committed to ensuring that all participants enjoy experiences of the highest quality, which are safe, exciting and value for money. Whether, a complete beginner or experienced performer we want you to feel welcome and enjoy expert tuition from our instructors. We know how much our participants enjoy their experiences so our terms and conditions have been carefully written to ensure that there are no misunderstandings, which could detract from your enjoyment. We recommend that everyone attending a Dust Palace lesson or workshop takes time to read the terms and conditions in full.
Your commitment to us:
You will need to be sure to give yourself plenty of lead time for your booking, which can be as much as 8 - 12 weeks prior to the date of your event. Once you have booked your date, we reserve studio time for you as an individual or part of a group. If you then choose to cancel you may forfeit your booking entirely so please choose dates carefully. All participants must allow plenty of time for their journey, if they are late (arriving after their agreed arrival time which is 30 minutes prior to their confirmed start time for participation) they may not be able to take part in their experience. Participants must bring their gift voucher on the day, without this you will not be able to take part. Directions to the venue are sent out as assistance only and customers are asked to plan their journeys carefully, The Dust Palace is not responsible for customers getting to the venue.
FURTHER INFORMATION (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): We want you to enjoy your day so please ensure that you thoroughly read the following information.
NOTE: Please arrive in good time for registration. We ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled start time so that you can receive relevant information before taking part in your event. We cannot permit anyone to participate in an experience without attending/receiving a safety briefing. This can be as a group or with your instructor as an individual; this may vary depending upon what activities you are doing.
1. Complaints: - If you have a problem or complaint on the day, please bring it to the attention of the event manager/organiser/instructor at the venue as soon as possible so that they have a chance to put matters right. In general, we consider it unreasonable if you take no action during an event, but then write a letter of complaint at a later date. It is difficult to put your issue right if you have already left the venue. Our corporate policy is to ensure all staff of The Dust Palace ensure that we have happy participants. Refunds cannot be issued after your event.
2. Indemnity Waiver: - The Dust Palace require all customers to complete an indemnity waiver form on the day of events prior to commencing their activity. This is completed by signing the relevant indemnity form. Participants will also have to confirm that they are not suffering from any illness or disability whether permanent or temporary or otherwise which is likely to affect their ability to participate.
3. Refunds and Cancellations: - Gift Vouchers and bookings are non-refundable. An alternative participant can be submitted and there is no fee for this. Gift Vouchers: - Protect your gift Voucher and treat it as cash, the balance cannot be returned if it is lost or stolen. The Dust Palace is not responsible for any unauthorised use of your Gift Voucher. Your Gift Voucher cannot be refunded once purchased. Your Gift voucher is not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card. Your Gift Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
4. Session lengths and availability: - All experiences are offered subject to availability of studio space, equipment and instructor(s) on the day. It may be necessary to book your day or certain experiences well in advance due to demand. Please book your experience well in advance allowing 8 to 12 weeks. We are unable to make provisional reservations. You are advised not to make travel, hotel or other arrangements until your booking has been confirmed in writing. Should any alterations have to then take place due to reasons beyond our control we shall not be held liable for any expenses incurred. Session lengths are approximate, and are given simply as an indication of the time you will spend at the venue. Unless stated otherwise, you will usually be taking turns with other people and there will be waiting time involved. We give timed itineraries as a guide only; the running order of an event may change without notice and The Dust Palace will not be liable.
5. Circumstances beyond our control & cancellation of your booked event: - From time to time some of our experiences may have to be cancelled or suspended due to circumstances beyond our control. Where this is a possibility every effort will then be made to contact you and or offer an alternative on the day or re-book the experience at the next available date and venue. The Dust Palace will not be responsible for any accommodation, travel or incidental expenses incurred by customers and every effort will be made on the day for your event to continue (even if the time scale is over and above expected booked time) or we will offer you an alternative.
6. Restrictions: - Alcohol is strictly forbidden from all our events. Anyone who is considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be excluded from all activities and entitled to no refund or rebook. All clients participating in circus activities must be in good general health. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your ability to undertake the experience this must be disclosed on the booking form where indicated. If you are in any doubt, then please consult your doctor. To ensure the validity of any insurance cover we may in some instances ask clients over a certain age to produce a medical certificate. It is essential that participants listen to and obey in every detail their instructor’s instructions; failure to do so at any point may result in the individual being excluded from further participation.
7. Spectators: - Are welcome to attend the event with no restrictions, subject to the following conditions: children under the age of 12 are permitted but must be supervised at all times whilst on the site by an accompanying adult. Dogs (except guide dogs) or pets cannot be admitted under any circumstances.
8. Clothing: - Please wear light, comfortable clothing. Most circus performers will wear clothing such as tights and t-shirts while training. In general comfortable clothing such as track pants, t-shirts, singlets etc. will be suitable. If you have any queries regarding the suitability of your clothing please contact us.
9. Changes to your booking: - Within 14 days of your booking an admin fee of $30 applies. Within 7 days but greater than 3 days a fee of $50 applies. For changes within 3 days a $75 fee applies. We are unable to rebook customers who fail to show up on the day of their booking.
10. Definitions and Other General Information (please read carefully)
The Dust Palace reserves the right to make amendments and changes to their experiences without notice and will not be liable for doing so, however all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the experiences provided fall within the general terms described in the brochure/description information file or website. Where this cannot be fulfilled alternative venues or experiences will be offered to the value of your gift voucher. All equipment used on the day at The Dust Palace is subject to availability and or changes without notice.
Delivery details of vouchers/ information from The Dust Palace:
All details supplied by clients or recipients of gift vouchers remain confidential to the company. Under no circumstances will any information be supplied to third parties without our clients and or the recipient's specific authorities in writing, except where there is an emergency involving the statutory authorities.
All the above terms and conditions apply as a condition of using any voucher, whether or not the voucher holder is the original purchaser.
The Dust Palace’s liability for any claim of breach of obligation regarding any single voucher or experience shall not exceed the price of that experience.
This excludes claims arising from personal injury or death due to the negligence of The Dust Palace or anyone for whom we are responsible.
The text, illustrations and pictures used in all The Dust Palace marketing material are protected by copyright and must not be copied in whole or in part without the express permission of The Dust Palace.
The above terms and conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and the statutory rights afforded there under and subject thereto shall form the basis of the contract between the company and its corporate or individual client.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION HELP OR ASSISTANCE PLEASE CONTACT US IN WRITING.
The Dust Palace
PO Box 68327